With solutions used by millions worldwide, ADTRAN is a leading global provider of innovative network access products. They enable voice, data, video and internet communications across a variety of network infrastructures. Their solutions are used by service providers, private enterprises, government organizations, and individuals.
Challenges & Goals:
ADTRAN was launching a UCaaS business in partnership with Broadsoft. They wanted their master agents to resell their UCaaS services. Master agents in turn worked with sub agents to interact with the end customer.
Products being offered in this channel were:
- UCaaS services: extensions or stations
- VoIP devices: Polycom phones, power adapters from Teledynamics
- DIDs: phone numbers purchased or ported to Bandwidth
A solution was needed to automate the service purchase across Bandwidth, Broadcloud (using Rialto APIs), Teledynamics, and ADTRAN’S internal systems for their financial management.
There were essentially 4 key challenges that ADTRAN needed to solve:
- Delays and manual errors caused by most of the sale interaction being through emails and ticketing systems
- Reliance on pulling manual data and emailing it to the reseller in order to view basic product and pricing information
- Manual payment collection processes
- Needing to enter data in repeatedly in multiple systems due to lack of integration
OneBill used APIs to reduce duplicate data entry by integrating with ADTRAN’S partner systems:
- Bandwidth: enabling regular and toll-free DID ordering and porting
- Broadcloud (Rialto): facilitating CDR pulls from the Broadcloud SFTP location, to provide the ability to create customers, sites where services are provided, stations, quotes and orders.
- Teledynamics: providing the ability to check inventory, order phone devices, request for pre-provisioning, and get the device MAC address.
Additional integration with DocuSign also enabled e-signature for quotes and LoA.
Furthermore, through OneBill’s MLCM module, ADTRAN were able to bring their agents and sub-agents into one billing ecosystem. As a result, agents could see information that only ADTRAN gave them permission to view. The portal enabled agents to view and manage business, reducing ADTRAN’S involvement and resource time in manually providing data.