For a provider to charge their customers using a billing system like OneBill, they need to set up charge details which could be recurring, fixed or based on Usage. The details added to the type of charges which are associated with a product is called charge details.
This section explains how to setup charges for a product. A price plan can contain one or more charges. The following are the different charge restrictions that exist today,
- Every price plan can only have one Recurring Charge component.
- There should be at least one charge defined
- Charge amount cannot be negative
- There can be any number of usage charges or one-time charges
- In case of Feature-based charges, all the feature charges have to be of the same type and same charging frequency (if charge type is recurring)