For Telecom/Communications Service Provider and Vendor Marketplaces Editions
In the ever-evolving landscape of telecommunications and communications services, service providers are constantly seeking innovative solutions to streamline billing and revenue operations, enhance customer experiences, and adapt to rapidly changing market dynamics. One such solution making waves in the industry is OneBill, a comprehensive ecosystem orchestration platform.
We believe that the recent inclusion of OneBill in the IDC Ecosystem Orchestration Platform (EOP) Vendor Reference Guide for Telecom/Communications Service Providers (doc #US51039123e, October 2023) and Vendor Marketplaces (doc #US49345023e, October 2023) Editions is a testament to its significance in the realm of telecom and vendor marketplaces.
Understanding Ecosystem Orchestration Platforms:
EOPs are platforms that enable a marketplace of recurring services (e.g., SaaS, communications, OTT), products (hardware), and people services that are sold as part of “anything as a service” (XaaS) business models. EOPs address the complexity of orchestrating, monetizing, and provisioning multi-partner digital recurring/one-time offerings across multiple channels, throughout the customer, partner, service, and revenue lifecycles.
IDC’s Ecosystem Orchestration Platform (EOP) vendor reference guide specifically focuses on providing technology buyers with a reference guide of EOP solution capabilities in order to help them choose which vendors they should short list for a proof of concept. This guide is focused on EOPs that enable scalable technology distribution for telecoms and communication service providers.
To be recognized as an Ecosystem Orchestration Platform (EOP) and be included in IDC’s report, OneBill had to fulfill essential criteria, covering:
- Commercial platform
- Partner experience
- Customer experience
- Entitlement and provisioning
- Offer and order management
- Business analytics and insights
- Billing, partner settlement, and revenue recognition
How OneBill is Different from Other Platforms:
- End-to-End Billing and Revenue Management: OneBill provides a comprehensive billing and revenue management solution that spans the entire customer lifecycle. From configure, price, and quote(CPQ)-to-order-to-cash and revenue recognition, the platform automates critical processes, reducing manual errors and accelerating time-to-market for new products and services.
- Powerful Built-In Usage Rating and Mediation: OneBill enables service providers to process large amounts of CDRs from multiple vendors using its powerful built-in rating engine and mediation. You can effortlessly track and charge your customers’ consumption of a product or service, rate, and bill on any aspect of your products such as seats, text messages, minutes, bandwidth, clicks, API calls, downloads, etc.
- Multi-Level Channel Partner Enablement: OneBill enables service providers to empower their partners (resellers, distributors, dealers, agent partners, wholesale partners, MSPs, VARs, ISP vendors, carrier vendors, and more) with a fully configurable and white labeled billing and monetization platform.
- Highly Scalable Fulfillment Orchestration: OneBill enables service providers to take their automation to the next level with no-code fulfillment orchestration and provisioning workflows. It allows them to build rule-driven workflows to connect with various systems and automate swivel chair fulfillment processes.
- Modular and Scalable Architecture: OneBill’s modular architecture allows service providers to tailor the platform to their specific needs. Whether it’s managing subscriptions, configuring pricing plans, or integrating with upstream and downstream systems for seamless service fulfillment, OneBill’s scalability ensures adaptability to evolving business requirements.
- Ecosystem Integration: Recognizing the importance of a connected ecosystem, OneBill seamlessly integrates with a variety of third-party applications, telecom carriers, softswitches, hardware distributors, and more. This integration capability enables a holistic view of operations and enhances collaboration among different facets of the business.
- Enhanced Customer Experience: By automating billing processes and providing real-time insights, OneBill empowers service providers to offer a superior customer experience. The platform enables personalized billing, self-service portals, and advanced analytics, contributing to increased customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Agility and Innovation: In a fast-paced industry, agility is key to success. OneBill enables service providers to quickly launch new services, experiment with pricing models, and respond rapidly to market demands. This agility positions telecom companies to stay competitive and capitalize on emerging opportunities.
We believe the inclusion of OneBill in IDC’s Ecosystem Orchestration Platform (EOP) Vendor Reference Guide for Telecom/Communications Service Providers is a significant recognition of its impact on the industry. As the telecommunications landscape continues to evolve, solutions like OneBill play a pivotal role in helping service providers navigate challenges, optimize operations, and deliver exceptional customer experiences.