IEEE commented 4 Feb 2015 on the commercial gaps in the IoT marketplace. The list was pretty concerning. While IoT companies are busy developing innovative applications, the BSS/OSS systems just can’t provide what’s needed to monetize the opportunities they’re creating. Here’s what they saw:
- Limited applications sharing
- Limited (usage-based) charging of the end users of these applications
- Application, data and device catalogs dedicated to the IoT are generally missing
- The billing (based on fixed fees, usage, or other metrics) of the end-users of the data is generally missing
- Ability to advertise, deliver and charge for the use of applications and data
- Validate applications against policies
- An ecosystem of independent application developers, device manufacturers, and end-users all supporting the platform is needed for the demand for marketplace to appear and sustain
Solving these gaps is the OneBill sweet spot. OneBill is helping players in the next generation economy (Internet of Things (IoT)/Cloud/Big Data) with a mission to ensure fast time to market of emerging products and services by offering transactional flexibility and channel enablement.
The pain-points revolve around inflexible billing solutions that can’t deliver complex IoT products to market, a need to partner effectively in offering market solutions and an ability to use data-driven pricing to maximize market opportunity and profits. OneBill’s solution supports all the supply-side requirements for product/bundling and pricing definition at new economy speed. Enhanced Partner Management, Self-Care and Data-Driven Analytics modules allow OneBill to enable the new economy to come to market.
- As a backdrop, traditional wireline service is in its death throes and the telco industry is in transformation, with services moving to IP and new players joining the newly defined communications and cloud space.
- Increasingly other dominant players from hardware, software and eCommerce are eyeing the new economy and scrambling to own the infrastructure and services to deliver IoT to the marketplace.
- The giants in the industry are shackled by legacy, on-premise revenue management solutions (product, subscriber, billing and channel management tools) that can’t deliver against the nimble requirements of the IoT/Cloud/Big Data space.
- Currently, service providers use channel to drive their new products to market, but the one-to-one approach doesn’t scale– it can’t support fast penetration of the marketplace with emerging solutions.
In the new economy, speed is everything. OneBill’s solution connects partners across traditional boundaries to monetize the new economy: make services and solutions available more broadly and use big data to offer models for data-driven pricing. OneBill’s solution delivers a connected exchange for all players, with the foundation of a robust revenue management platform.
Our nimble, cloud-based, connected solution with accelerated time-to-market has:
- An ability to manage a market with entirely new offerings, from upstream service providers. through subscribers to downstream channel partners, all in one cloud-based integrated solution.
- Ways of promulgating solutions to specific market segments (horizontals or verticals) through a network of partners.
- Customer product bundling and price personalization for increasingly sophisticated B2B subscription customers.
With a proven product that can deliver revenue management from product definition through to cash in the bank, the OneBill solution offers subscriber managed custom bundling, data-driven price personalization and a channel exchange for many-to-many partners interactions that enable IoT/Cloud/Big Data benefits to be delivered to the marketplace – fast.
It’s a new and growing economy. We’ve carved out our niche.